Why a new party?
Utah needs a new political party because:
- The old parties created the current problems.
- The old parties serve their party establishments rather than serving the people of Utah.
- The old parties practice extreme partisan politics, instead of searching for solutions.
The citizens of Utah deserve a party that:
- Does not carry the baggage of past partisan politics.
- Advocates for change to better serve the people of Utah, not the political parties.
- Looks for new solutions while maintaining traditional values.
What Does This New Party Stand for? We believe politics should represent ordinary citizens more than politicians. We support the following:
- Term limits for public officials
- Non-partisan elections for school board, county offices, and the state attorney general
- An independent redistricting commission to prevent the legislature from gerrymandering
- Stricter campaign finance limits
- Increased funding to fix our state’s schools, especially to lower class sizes
- A simpler, fairer tax system that requires a fair share to be paid by all.
How is this Party Different from Republicans or Democrats? We believe in
- Achieving results and finding practical solutions rather than continuing partisan gridlock and pushing extreme agendas.
- Bringing together Republicans who worry their party is becoming too right wing and Democrats who believe the same about their party, but from the left.
- Reaching out to independents who have not felt either party represents their more moderate, less extreme views.
- Not putting strict litmus tests on candidates or requiring members to adopt extreme positions to feel like they belong to the party.
If your life is in danger you probably don’t care about the politics of the person who comes to your rescue. But it seems the system does.
Utah’s largest local law enforcement agency is about to get a new leader. And that leader will be a Democrat, chosen by Democrats. It’s the law. All other qualifications aside, the new leader must be a Democrat.
Uniters - You Can Now Register Online with the Utah Elections Office as a United Utah Party Member
How to Register Officially with the United Utah Party
Go to vote.utah.gov.
Click on "Register to Vote"
Follow the prompts.
Under party, click the "United Utah Party."
Also, under "Primary Ballot," click the "United Utah Party."
Make sure to allow the Lt Governor's Office to use your driver's license number for identification purposes. If you do not, you will need to physically go down to a county clerk's office and submit your registration form.
Thanks for joining the ranks of the Uniters and changing Utah politics for the better. Because We Can Do Better
The United Utah Party extends condolences to the family of Kim Burningham, former state legislator and state school board chairman, who died July 7, at age 80.Continue reading →
We want to provide a home for the politically homeless. Who are these homeless? They are moderate Republicans, Democrats and independents who are tired of the extremism of the two major parties. We are a party at the center of Utah voters.
Tune in at 9:50 am today to the Doug Wright Show to hear Third Congressional District Candidate Jim Bennett on the lawsuit status on KSL!
See all posts